We at East Catholic High School are proud to be recognized as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, a national exemplary school award given by the U.S. Department of Education. ECHS is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and the state of Connecticut.
East Catholic High School is a regional college-preparatory school of the Archdiocese of Hartford. Building on Catholic tradition and teaching, and inspired by the charism of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, we educate young men and women according to the Gospel and the life of Jesus Christ. We seek to develop the whole person and to prepare students to become lifelong learners and responsible citizens with a strong moral foundation, an appreciation for diversity, and a dedication to service, justice, and peace.
East Catholic High School, a college-preparatory school of the Archdiocese of Hartford, serves students from more than 35 towns in the Greater Hartford area and eastern Connecticut. At East Catholic, we strive to teach as Jesus did—challenging, loving, and guiding our students, all within a welcoming and nurturing environment. We believe that our success in educating a student is only possible when the faculty and staff of East Catholic, the student, and the parent work in partnership and agree upon the core beliefs expressed in our mission statement. We attempt to create an authentically Catholic yet ecumenically sensitive atmosphere in which each student can grow spiritually and intellectually.
Please read our full Philosophy Statement in the document at the side of this page.
Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Hartford welcome students of all faiths, ethnic groups, and socio-economic backgrounds. The fundamental purpose of Catholic schools is to:
- Provide a safe, nurturing, and secure environment in which students encounter the living God, who in Jesus Christ, reveals His transforming love and truth
- Partner with parents to support students in their learning and in their search for knowledge, meaning, and truth
Please read our full Vision Statement in the document at the side of this page.
Founded in 1961 by the Archdiocese of Hartford, East Catholic High School is a coeducational college preparatory high school that provides a values-based education within an authentically Catholic yet ecumenically sensitive community. Since its earliest days, the school has been associated with the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, whose charism of education and service enriches all aspects of the East Catholic experience. Located in Manchester, Connecticut, East Catholic serves Catholic and non-Catholic students from more than 35 communities in the Greater Hartford and Northeast regions of the state. East has been recognized as a "Blue Ribbon School of Excellence" by the U.S. Department of Education. East Catholic High School is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- Mr. Jason S. Hartling, Principal & Chief Administrator (July 1, 2011 to present)
- Dr. Karen Juliano, Ed.D., Interim Principal (2010–2011)
- Mr. Christian J. Cashman, Principal & Chief Administrator (2006–2010)
- Sr. Bette Gould, SSJ, Interim Principal (2005–2006)
- Ms. Peg Siegmund, Principal & Chief Administrator (1986–2005)
- Rev. William Charbonneau '65, Principal (1981–1986), President (1987–1996)
- Rev. Robert Saunders, Principal (1970–1981)
- Rev. Charles Shaw, Founding Principal (1961–1970)